The Radcliffe Masonic Hall was created from the former St Oswald’s Mission Church and School, which had been erected in 1916. Although built as a mission the lower floor was later used as a school. In 1939 a chancel had been added but the building closed as a church in 1970, when the pulpit, lectern, altar rails and pews were given to St Aiden’s Mission Church in Outwood.
The brethren of three masonic lodges and a chapter, meeting in hotels and the like in the Radcliffe area, had long sought a building of their own. In 1970 St Oswald’s was offered for sale resulting in an offer of £3,500 being made. After three years of hard work, and a total cost of £20,000, the building finally opened and was named The Radcliffe Masonic Hall on the 12th November 1973. The hall was dedicated on April 3rd 1974.
Since 1974 the building has been extended and modernised to provide flexible accommodation for both Masonic and public use.
The Function Room created on the upper floor is regularly updated and maintained to a high standard, with Licensed Bar facility, Kitchen, Disabled Toilet and in recent years a disabled lift has been installed.